What's new

Licensing issues

Elrick

This message started popping up and since I saw RocketNut's topic I started asking questions to sales and support before hand, to avoid this. Eventually the 30 days ran out and now everything is greyd out in GMD's main menu. Support gave me a link to download the latest version and told me that the licensing issues were resolved in this version. It appears it aint. Could someone please refer me to a solution? I dont have time to read through all the post.

Thanks

Attachments

• License trouble C.png
    License trouble C.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 24

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The 'fixed' issues refer to excessive nagging messages (they were popping up every few minutes for some people). There were also some issues with USB dongle and certain licence classes that were resolved.

The default licensing system does require you to connect to internet for verification at least once every 30 days - and you'll still get warning message if you have not connected for several days.

If you want to entirely avoid such messages then maybe USB dongle would be a better option for you.

The new version is behaving as a viewer, because it isn't activated - try entering your activation code (with active internet connection).

Elrick

"We currently have a later hotfixed version than the one you are currently on. We have corrected many licensing issues in this version and would recommend you uninstalling your current version and downloading the new installer below."

I skipped the UNINSTALLING part because I didnt want to go through any trouble with add ons. Appears to work fine like it did without uninstalling. Hopefully the last of this trouble.