What's new

Line type not printing

Hey guys,
I have an assembly drawing that has a detail view and a circle sketch figure. Both are set to dashed line types. Both do not print dashed, however they did print the correct color.

So they are the correct line type and color in the software, but they both do not print dashed... Any ideas?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Always worth checking for updated printer drivers.

Does it 'print' correctly to a PDF virtual printer ?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Send the files to Support with an explanation of the problem - reproducing the problem is the first step towards getting it addressed.

fabcadmz

Did you try adjusting the line type scale? I've had lines showing as dashed on the screen but upon printing, the length of the dash is longer than the segment on the print hence it looks like a solid line.

Did you try adjusting the line type scale? I've had lines showing as dashed on the screen but upon printing, the length of the dash is longer than the segment on the print hence it looks like a solid line.

Duh, didn't even think of that. It solved the issue. I had to set it to .0625, which looks ridiculous on the software and shows as "0".....

But it prints fine now which is the important part. Thanks!

Hey guys,
I have an assembly drawing that has a detail view and a circle sketch figure. Both are set to dashed line types. Both do not print dashed, however they did print the correct color.

So they are the correct line type and color in the software, but they both do not print dashed... Any ideas?
Eric == Did you set the Line Weight value for the Layer associated with that Line Type?