What's new

Line Weight Problems when using fractional dimensioning

mrehmus

I have an engine on which the author wants me to use fractional dimensioning on the 2D drawings. No problem except then I find the line weights are changed and the control is so gross as to make the finished drawings unacceptable. Under Properties, Layers, the selections are now in increments of 1/4.

1/4 of what they don't say but line weight cannot be set in any finer increments. The 1/4 increments seem to be larger than the whole unit changes one is forced to make in cross hatches.

Is there a way around this problem?

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Michael,
I really do not understand the problem. (...my bad English)
Can you send please an example?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
mrehmus said:
I have an engine on which the author wants me to use fractional dimensioning on the 2D drawings. No problem except then I find the line weights are changed and the control is so gross as to make the finished drawings unacceptable. Under Properties, Layers, the selections are now in increments of 1/4.

1/4 of what they don't say but line weight cannot be set in any finer increments. The 1/4 increments seem to be larger than the whole unit changes one is forced to make in cross hatches.

Is there a way around this problem?

I've seen this issue before when using dimensions set to fractions. Somehow Alibre has all the property values tied to what the dimension style is set to, whether it's fractional or decimal.

I don't know if there is a work around but I'd be shouting at Alibre support on this one to be sure that it is fixed sooner rather than later.

H.
v11.1