What's new

Load hang

IonSteve

Soooooooo: An assembly I work with almost every day has decided to hang on loading--not forever, but for about 20 minutes. This assy usually loads in under 30 seconds. It seems to be this assy and no others. If I load any of the constituent sub assy's they all load with no problem.

It will go through the first few steps of initializing the work space and then proceed to loading the sub assemblies and parts. It will load the first few and hang on (roughly) the 4th or 5th item. If I leave it alone for 15-30 minutes it will spontaneously finish the load. This is not ideal.

If I rename the subassy it hangs on (so that Alibre can't find it and thus skips it) it will simply hang on another random assy.

I will open a ticket with support, but it's a three day weekend and I was hoping to be able to be productive in the mean time, so any thoughts are appreciated.

In the screenshot included here, this is what the hang looks like: i.e. not like much.

All the very best to everyone--
Steve

Alibre screen cap.jpg

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Not a 3 day weekend for all Support !

One possibility is that one or more of the sub-assemblies, or parts has an issue that affects loading in the assembly. To check for this (and I know it's a pain - but has fixed assembly issue in some cases) - start from the bottom level, open each part, click in workspace, press F5 (to regenerate), then Save. repeat for all parts, then move up sub-assembly levels.

When raising support ticket, include Alibre log files that relate to the days when problem occurred - they may give some clues.