What's new

Loading Error Messages

keyepitts

I occasionally get error messages like the following when opening an assembly (2D) drawing- "Warning- Problems encountered loading-M:/Alibre/ByID/0/2000-2999/2287/L/L/5000F-SP HOSE LAYOUT (ID 2287)". After clicking "OK" the drawing appears to load just fine. Has anyone else noticed this? And if so; have you figured out what's causing it? Makes me a little nervous. (I'm running v11.1 and the Vault)

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
I get that too once in a blue moon. Dunno if it'll solve anything (and not to say that there really is a problem and it's not just a random hiccup in the system), but you might try opening the file in question and resaving it (do something benign like change its color or roll the dogbone in Design Explorer back and forth).

keyepitts

Yeah, I tried the "change the color and save" trick, but that didn't seem to make a difference this time; although I do seem to remember it working in the past. The error doesn't seem to be causing any problems, I'd just like to know what's causing it.

keyepitts

I just upgraded to version 11.2 and Vault ver5, and am still getting the 2d drawing loading error on some drawings, but now I can't save the drawings. I hope the only solution isn't to delete the drawing and start over! I've just entered a support incident with Alibre (Posted Below) and am waiting to get their response. I'll post there response here in case anyone else has this problem.

"Hi, When opening a 2D part drawing I get a -"Warning-problems encountered loading-M:/Alibre/ID/0/2000/2999/2210/L/L/SlideRailBracket (ID 2210)". The part opens o.k. but when I try to save it, I get an error- "Save operation encountered error: 'com.rose.RoseException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' Check if failure is due to insufficient disk space or file access privileges. save workspace after correcting the problem." I got the drawing opening warnings previously using version 11.1 but was still able to save the drawings, now in version 11.2 I am unable to save them. I tried opening the 3d part and changing the color then re-saving it but this didn't affect the 2d problem. This has only occurred with a few drawings, and since I was able to save them in the previous version, I ignored the warnings. Now that I can't save them I need to get this problem corrected immediately! What steps should I take to correct this? I am running windows XP pro, Alibre 11.2 and Vault 5.0 on a Mac Pro with Nvidea Graphics."

indesign

Alibre Super User
I had a large (and complex) solid assembly with a simular error message from V11.0 . Support said something like it is corrupted and the new version 11.2 should help prevent this from happening.

keyepitts

Alibre support tried a remote session where they replaced a config file, however this didn't work so they closed the support incident and escalated it to development. I uninstalled and reinstalled Alibre and now I can make new drawings, etc. without getting the error message, and save changes to 2D drawings. I still have several parts/drawings/assemblies that were corrupted by this problem that still won't work, so I'm hoping Alibre can come up with a solution other than deleting the parts and recreating from scratch.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Save operation encountered error: 'com.rose.RoseException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

Hi Keyepitts,
I've had this too, on rare occasions. When I followed this up with support they pretty much confirmed the file had become corrupted and there was nothing I could do. Said they were taking steps to ensure it didn't happen with v12.
It's more than a little worrying.

nealbert

Since we're talking about the "com.alibre.rose.RoseException" error, I got it for the first time tonight. I opened a session, created one part and tried to save it. Boom, "Save operation encountered error: 'com.alibre.rose.RoseException. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Check if failure is due to insufficient disk space or file access privileges." I have over 120 gB of free disk space and I'm logged in as the Administrator, so I don't think that's the problem. Tried to save to another drive, but that didn't work. Can export successfully to a SAT, and STP (AP 214) file, but not to an Alibre STP file. Fortunately, I'm just modeling a purchased part that, hopefully, I'll never have to edit again. I'll just import the SAT or STP model into my assembly and I'll be OK. Guess I was just lucky this time.
I'm running PRODUCTVERSION 11,2,0,11077.
Hope this does get fixed in v12.

rbeddingfield

I'm running 12.1. I get this error every now and then "com.alibre.rose.roseexception: object reference not set to instance of an object" which usually results in my not being able to save. I found out that most of the time this is due to the fact that I've got an "interdesign" constraint and anchored parts in the same assembly. I've gotten to where I just delete all my "interdesigns" and then anchor parts. Hope this helps someone, it took me a while to figure it out.

big_al87

Thanks a million for this post. Running 12.1 and have had this save error several times and could never figure out why. I just deleted the interdesign constraint and saved no problem. Life saver!