What's new

Lock ALL / Unlock ALL configurations

WoodWorks

Alibre Super User
Lock ALL / Unlock ALL configurations

While working with complex models with numerous configurations, I often need to lock all the configurations to keep my changes unique to a single (or a few manually unlocked) configurations. While I may only need to activate a single lock, it is easier to just Lock the entire configuration as there is no mechanism to toggle a specific state of locks on and off. With 20 or more configurations, it can take quite a while to right click and lock all the configurations, and then to reverse the process.

A right click Lock ALL/Unlock All option for the Configurations entry in the Design Explorer (in addition to New Configuration), or a Lock ALL and UnLock All entry under the Edit menu so that multiple highlighted configurations can have their state changed. 2 entries would be needed as this needs to be an action and not just a toggle, to take into account various states of the selected configurations.

With the current bug where equation entries display in configurations where they are not present, it is necessary to unlock all configurations to make sure the correct equations show in all configurations. This makes working with a large number of configurations very difficult, which is a shame given the power of configurations.