What's new

locking an assembly model

Ralf

Alibre Super User
So Tim,

To scale the model, makes it more secure against unauthorized use, is what I am saying.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Ralf, I see that you method works if you are sending the model out for somebody to look over for marketing or such. But what if you are supplying the model so somebody can design their parts to fit yours. Thats the way I was looking at it. Scaling your part could cause problems down the road for your customers/suppliers. Especially for things like mounting bolt patterns. If there was a reverse shell feature that filled all internal spaces this would be the perfect application.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Nate, YES ! :)
That would be the best solution! My friend from Swizerland, Paul Schüpbach has "written" such a "shelling tool": thinkCAD

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User
NateLiqGrav said:
But what if you are supplying the model so somebody can design their parts to fit yours. Thats the way I was looking at it. Scaling your part could cause problems down the road for your customers/suppliers. Especially for things like mounting bolt patterns.

Isn't that what I said? <sigh> Luckily, I have a huge ego, so my feelings aren't hurt... :p :lol:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
JordanCClark said:
NateLiqGrav said:
But what if you are supplying the model so somebody can design their parts to fit yours. Thats the way I was looking at it. Scaling your part could cause problems down the road for your customers/suppliers. Especially for things like mounting bolt patterns.

Isn't that what I said? <sigh> Luckily, I have a huge ego, so my feelings aren't hurt... :p :lol:

Sorry, I only wanted to speak for myself because even though I thought we were thinking/typing the same thing; I have been wrong before and didn't want to assume. Because when you assume...

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
Nate, you are too nervous. I did not realize at all about what you mentioned now.

Jordan is always being as he is which gives us amusing English....that's all.
(us=non English users). :p
:lol:

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User
NateLiqGrav said:
JordanCClark said:
NateLiqGrav said:

Sorry, I only wanted to speak for myself because even though I thought we were thinking/typing the same thing; I have been wrong before and didn't want to assume. Because when you assume...

No worries here, Nate. You'll find that if I can't laugh at myself, I'd be forced to laugh at you guys! :lol: