What's new

looking for geomagic M-Files 10.2 installation file

rblieck

Hi,

I have M-Files 10.1 running but the license is also valid for version 10.2. Does a geomagic M-Files version 10.2 excist ? or is 10.1 the latest version. If 10.2 exist does someone has the geomagic installation file for version 10.2. or where can I find this file.

Many thanks
Regards

Roland

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Once your Vault is configured, you can update M-Files software with standard M-Files installers. It is only the Vault structure which is 'special' - the software is just M-Files. So perhaps you can get the installer from M-Files.

rblieck

Hi David,

Thank you for your answer. I have found a installer of 10.2 but on my test computer it runs with no problems but when i update on my work computer I got error messages. "Class not registred"
upload_2020-6-3_12-44-1.png
CustomControlSite.cpp, 1036, Klasse is niet geregistreerd. (0x80040154)
Home Screen: home_right.htm, 237, Klasse is niet geregistreerd. (0x80040154)
MDispatchExImpl.h, 733, Klasse is niet geregistreerd. (0x80040154)
MDispatchExImpl.h, 891, Klasse is niet geregistreerd. (0x80040154)
CoScriptDelegate_MFilesShellUI.cpp, 415, Klasse is niet geregistreerd. (0x80040154)
(M-Files 10.2.3920.101)

I have uninstalled everything also sqlserver and reinstalled it again but still have this problem.
Any idea what this ?

Thanks

Roland

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, no. I've never worked with SQL server, have always used M-Files with Firebird.

rblieck

All my vaults where also with FireBird but I thought that 10.2 may be switched to sql and that will cause problems.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
M-Files only uses SQL if you tell it to. Remember that switching to SQL is a 'one way street' - there is no going back.

rblieck

When I buy version 20. does it then also interact with alibre as with the geomagic add in version? Does Alibre support M-Files as pdm system?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using it with the Vault structure from years and years ago.

It's not really full PDM, but is much more powerful than using Windows folders. Yes current Alibre can interact with M-Files as long as the Vault has the correct structure. Unfortunately the structure hasn't been updated to deal with GLPs for example.

rblieck

I also use m-files but mainly for cad. Is it expensive to upgrade and do you pay also an anual fee for mantenance?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately the answer is Yes to both questions!

Also M-Files is moving to a subscription business model so I'm looking for an alternative for my own CAD file management.

rblieck

Ok, good to know. I'm also investigating what I will gona use. I'm also working with different CAD programs for customers.
I will stay for now on version 10.1
I didn't find a good and affordable replacemen yet. Most systems are very expensive and to much overkill and not user
friendly. Windchill of PTC is also terrible to work with ;-)
Looking for something in the open source.
Thanks for you help David. When I've found something interesting I will put the info on the forum.
To be continued.
Kind regards

Roland