What's new

Lost information saved to my vault

marm37co

I worked in my vault the past week. Today I try to open the projects but the files don't appear. I look for in my M-files vault folder
C:\Program Files\M-Files\Server Vaults\miguel\FileData\0\0\9 and find the files in bin extension but their size is 0 Bytes.

Also when I log out the system say me that I have 10 elements in check out but in the view check out to me the list is empty.

What would be the error? Can I with some procedure repair or recover my information or its better begin to draw the files again? How can I convert a bin file to ad file?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Here is my guess: The files were saved to the Vault but never checked in; then somehow the temporary files were deleted leaving only the placeholder in the Vault. Regardless of weather you have the setting for auto-check-in of files to on or not; Alibre files just don't auto-check-in for some reason.

Check this thread for previous discussion on the topic. http://forum.alibre.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11788&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

To sum up I doubt you can get the files back.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Just lately whenver I go to shut down or restart my PC a popup tells me I have one object checked out of the vault. I've checked the 'Files checked out to me' view and it shows nothing checked out.
Any idea how I can track down the rogue file?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if it could be a deleted file - hence won't show in most views because they have a 'not deleted filter' set.

Could be worth temporarily taking off the 'not deleted' filter, or simply set up a view for deleted files.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I had some elusive checked out files as well. Support was not sure how to fix it. I think I ended up checking in everything else and doing a full backup. No idea if this will cause me pain later, but the pop up msg is gone.