What's new

M-Files or OneDrive (or Google Drive)

rmcard

I've only dabbled with M-Drive at haven't messed with AD now Geomagic since the name change. I'm not even sure what the status of M-Drive since the re-branding.

I'm thinking as long as I place the MS OneDrive in the same location on both my Home computer and my worksite computer I should be able to seamlessly change from one to another without having any problems.

Any thoughts?

Giecon.nl

I would advice to investigate further before going that route. I haven't used OneDrive but something similar, it adds a extra software layer between AD and the file system. For single independent files it works fine but for hundreds of files that are linked together (like CAD assemblies and drawing) I would never use something like that any more. I would like to see some first hand experience from users and ex users. If it doesn't work you would want to get your data out without to much trouble. I ended up manually changing file paths for 6 months because the stupid software hard coded the file paths in every file. Be warned!

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
I used to use M-Files until an incompatibility between it and my AV program forced me to the WFS for storage. I've been using DropBox since then to access files at home and work with few problems. The largest assembly I use this way is probably 50-100 parts and the biggest time lag is when GMD phones home at startup.

Mike