What's new

M Files Web access

Alexander

Hi,

Does anyone know if it possible to access my vault via the web for files marked as available offline?
I have tried to create a new login account with the server administrator but it says no more licenses available.
I just want to be able to access certain files with my laptop when i'm out of my office.

[LINK DELETED - this was to a private service for M-Files resellers only]

I am using M Files 8
Any help would be much apppreciated

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You can use M-Files web access.

I deleted the link you posted as this was a connection to the M-Files partner portal in Finland (for resellers only - not sure where you found that).

M-Files web access is built in to M-Files Server (but not switched on by default) - you can enable it from the Server Admin Tools, depending upon which version of Windows you are running not all options will be open to you (only true Server versions of Windows will allow more than 1 web site to run on same PC).

You will have to set up port forwarding in your router to direct HTML (port 80) to the M-Files server.

You can use your EXISTING log in account for web access (you can try this out whilst still connected to your network).

'Mork for offline availability' has nothing to do with web access - files/views so marked will be cached to your local hard drive when you switch M-Files to 'Offline Mode' (you must do this BEFORE disconnecting from your network), then you have those files with you whilst travelling.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
BTW - M-Files Web Access uses Java to do some of the clever things it is capable of, it runs much faster in (say) Google Chrome than it does in Internet Explorer.