What's new

Maintain Associativity not consistent

Rudy

When creating sketches based on other features, Alibre has a "Project to Sketch" option. I often use this to create reference figures by selecting the "Create reference figure" (as indicted in the Help topics) and I make sure to select the "Maintain Associativity" option. What seems to be occurring (seemingly randomly), is that if the original features change, the figures that reference these changes don't necessarily always change also; sometimes this works, sometimes not. Additionally, sometimes the associativity symbol is displayed, sometimes not, even though the maintain associativity option has been selected. The Constraint symbols are set to displayed.
If anyone else has noticed this and has come up with a work around, that would be great, or if there is a reason why this occurs, it would be nice to know. My suspicion is that the originating face or edge may have the name changed, but I'm not sure. If the original feature name (edge or face) changes, is there a way to "lock" the name?

dwc

Alibre Super User
The trick on keeping associativity when changing things is to edit the existing and not to delete and redraw.
The associativity depends on the features keeping the same indexes in the part.
If you delete and redraw, new features are made that will have new indexes and AD can not know that you meant them otherwise.

Rudy

Thanks for the response. I forgot to mention that only dimensions were changed, the features weren't deleted or added. This will happen whether the dimension is changed in the sketch or with the Equation Editor.