What's new

Maintenance Renewal SNAFU ?

wildwood58

My maintenance expires on 7-15-2015, I renewed on 7-3-2015 & my order was processed on 7-6-2015. I have a physical Dongle. Today, 5 days after they "cashed my check" (processed my credit card order) my expiration date still shows 7-15-2015.

Support has been contacted and they tell me they see my expiration date as 7-15-2016
My question is where are they "seeing this date" because I am not

wildwood58

Really ! ??
That will be a deal breaker for me, I will cancel my maintenance if this isn't cleared by the 15th (Wednesday )

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Alto my dongle says my maintenance is expired I was able to update to the current version of "Design" [2015.0.1]. I am having no troubles using GM, just my update option is greyed out.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Since the whole point of the physical dongle is to remove the need for routine 'calling home' in normal use, then it is likely that an update of the dongle properties needs to be somehow prompted.

Possible update options might include the 'update licence' option in the license manager utility, or maybe provision of some update file - perhaps somebody from Geomagic could explain what action the user should take...

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi John,

Please send an e-mail with your name, ...to: geomagic.support.americas@3dsystems.com
Topic: USB Dongle - Update Maintenance.zip file - GD
( *.zip file contains: hasp_windows.dll + UpdateMaintenance.exe)

With this file you can update your USB Dongle: maintenance and expiration date. :)

wildwood58

Thanks Ralf
I just sent email with request
It seems like they should send this, automatically
When you renew

wildwood58

Tech support must have weekends off, I just checked my open ticket and I asked about the dongle update file yesterday,
No reply

wildwood58

Was sent updatemaintenance.exe file today
Downloaded and ran it
ERROR
Invalid dongle key

These guys do not make me feel warm and fuzzy.
10 days since Maintenance Renewal
7 days since my payment was processed
Physical Dongle Has not updated

I am not happy

wildwood58

11 emails and 6 trouble tickets to support
And still no solution?

Pitiful

It's not rocket science to update a USB Dongle......
Or is it

wildwood58

Kyle,
Yes I do:
The most recent is: 5605-10095308
There are 8 others but all relate to same problem

My question is why wasn't the updatemaintenance.exe
Sent when I renewed, ( that should be automatic) I informed sales I had a physical dongle, and told tech support also. it was not sent until 7 days after my renewal And I had to ask for it when I saw it was not present.

It was a borderline decision to renew my maintenance this year
And I really don't see myself renewing again, in part because of this
Incident and partially because I'm getting no real value for my
Money, the latest updates were of no real benefit for me, I used GM
For the past 5 years to keep my modeling skills sharp, I don't use it
To earn my living. I am once again using Solidworks at work and have an educational/Veterans version at home.

Sorry but true

Thank you for any help you can give to solve this issue