What's new

Manual

Jasper

Where can I find the latest user manual for GD? Thought I had one but apparently not. Old Alibre version is all I seem to have. I am tired of trying to navigate through the help file.

Thanks,
PJ

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
PJasper said:
Where can I find the latest user manual for GD? Thought I had one but apparently not. Old Alibre version is all I seem to have. I am tired of trying to navigate through the help file.

Thanks,
PJ
Which version do you have? I have a PDF copy of, what I think was the last one published, the Alibre 2012 User Guide from 3D Systems.

Attachments

• GD UserGuideCover.png
    GD UserGuideCover.png
    474.9 KB · Views: 14

JST

Alibre Super User
Do not get excited about the manual anyway. It is the worst feature of Alibre/GMD.

A) Most of the manual is about the same as the help, often the same exact stuff, likely because they pulled it from the manual to put in the help.

B) Quite a bit of that old manual is no longer applicable, and what is described in it is NOT what you see. A large number of good changes have occurred since 2012 Alibre, it really is not very helpful to have that manual, in my opinion, having used help, manual, and asking here.

That said, having the manual is probably better than NOT having it, at least it can answer some questions, possibly better than the help alone, in some cases. It should be on the website somewhere. It is 15 MB, not easy to email if you can't find it there.

Jasper

OK thanks I have it then. Wasn't sure if there was a newer version. I just often find it easier to navigate the pdf than the help window.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Don't forget there have been a number of 'What's New/Release Notes' documents too..
I would have attached them but the file size is too big.