What's new

Mass calculation for assembly

MCATI

May I ask if anyone met weight calculation problem in Assembly? I tried "Viewing and Analysis" --> "Physical Properties" --> calculate. When at Part file, seems ok, but when in assembly, the mass always wrong.

Did change the material in the property.

Anyone has any idea, thanks

Attachments

• screw_conveyor_flange_1.AD_ASM
    224.5 KB · Views: 5

batejosh

Hi SDMCATI,

You'll need to also attach the parts that are in the assembly. As it is, we can't use the assembly.

Thanks,
Josh

May I ask if anyone met weight calculation problem in Assembly? I tried "Viewing and Analysis" --> "Physical Properties" --> calculate. When at Part file, seems ok, but when in assembly, the mass always wrong.
SDMCATI -- You need to Package the Assembly to post it properly. Wheras I will agree that the alibre_unicode_custom.mtl file is something that, almost always, needs serious "revision." It is more a matter of getting information out of the File Properties->General->Part Data dataset that needs massive improvement to fix your problem. -- Lew

bigseb

Alibre Super User
The weight calculation works. Either there is an error in the density for one or more parts or you are reading the scientific notation incorrectly (comes up every now and then). As the guys say you need to packeage your assembly and post it here.