What's new

Measure Tool Not Recognising Cosmetic Threads

AlexB

Is this happening for anyone else?
With the 'Threads' option on 'Texture' or 'Color' the internal faces of threaded holes can't be selected in the Measure Tool interface.
The threaded hole faces can be selected on the 'None' option with no cosmetic threads visible.

Is this happening for anyone else?
With the 'Threads' option on 'Texture' or 'Color' the internal faces of threaded holes can't be selected in the Measure Tool interface.
The threaded hole faces can be selected on the 'None' option with no cosmetic threads visible.
Hi Alex -- To be clear Alibre Design makes Female Threads off of the Pilot Hole Diameter. This is why I "suggest" that each Threaded Feature be Renamed with the thread's proper designation. More to the point, I have been asking that the Thread Designation be used to define the description of a Threaded Feature (male or female). While this would still leave it up to the user to change (say) ".2500-20UNC-2B" to read "5X .2500-20UNC-2B X .63 Dp" it would be a start towards getting Features properly identified! -- Lew

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Hi Alex -- To be clear Alibre Design makes Female Threads off of the Pilot Hole Diameter. This is why I "suggest" that each Threaded Feature be Renamed with the thread's proper designation. More to the point, I have been asking that the Thread Designation be used to define the description of a Threaded Feature (male or female). While this would still leave it up to the user to change (say) ".2500-20UNC-2B" to read "5X .2500-20UNC-2B X .63 Dp" it would be a start towards getting Features properly identified! -- Lew
You're not wrong, Lew but you're missing the OP's point. You cannot select the hole when using a texture or colour, so measuring the distance between two centres or centre to a face/point is not possible.

You're not wrong, Lew but you're missing the OP's point. You cannot select the hole when using a texture or colour, so measuring the distance between two centres or centre to a face/point is not possible.
Hi Sebastian -- As somebody who refuses to use "hoops" it would not dawn on me. -- Lew