What's new

Measurement tool shortcut

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
I've used Alibre a long time but never noticed:

If you Shift-Click elements (lines, faces, etc.) measurement summary displays where the usual (length) information is displayed.

Measurment tool.jpg

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Yup, that's in the Help manual. But you come across little nuggets like that once in a while.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
You don't need to SHIFT-Click to get it, just a single click will do. Be careful with lengths though between different faces. The length given is the shortest length, not the XYZ length. See pic.

Alibre-Edge.JPG

My point is, Make sure you understand the answer you get, it may not be what you expect.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
You don't need to SHIFT-Click to get it, just a single click will do. Be careful with lengths though between different faces. The length given is the shortest length, not the XYZ length. See pic.

View attachment 25524

My point is, Make sure you understand the answer you get, it may not be what you expect.
You'll need shift to select more than one line/face/etc.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
And, having selected - if you are unsure that you understand the answer - click on the measurement tool. You'll find it already populated with the items you selected, and it provides extra information.

JST

Alibre Super User
yeah....

I tend to use the standard way, just to avoid the decisions as to whether in this situation, I would rather do it this way or that way....... when one way might be faster. Kinda why I do not use quick constraints anymore.