What's new

Menu item position, toolbars

eendrigo

Menu item position, toolbars

Hello again!

#1 We had a look at the AddOnConfig that creates a Animation sample menu item "My animation" which, in our case, appears between "Team Design" and "Windows".
What is the point behind the menu item order? It is not alphabetical.
How can we control the placement of these items?

#2 Is it possible to add toolbars? If yes how?

Thanks for any help,

Ezio

:roll:

shubhab

Hi Ezio,

Please find the responses below.

#1 We had a look at the AddOnConfig that creates a Animation sample menu item "My animation" which, in our case, appears between "Team Design" and "Windows". What is the point behind the menu item order? It is not alphabetical. How can we control the placement of these items

>> Unfortunately, it is not possible for the Add-On developer to specify where he wants the menu to be displayed. However, we had discussions on this before and is on the list of to-do things and we hope we can implement this soon.

Also, regarding the order of the main menus, it goes according to the Windows standard for the ones, like the File, Edit, View, Insert, Window and Help. The remaining are based on the oder in which a final part is produced. For e.g. in a Part workspace, sketch first and then the feature. Hence it is not in any alohabetical order.

#2 Is it possible to add toolbars? If yes how?

>> Once again, this is a nice request and is on the list of to-do things.

FYI, I have entered these requests in our Defect database, so it gets addressed.

Thanks,
Shubha,
Alibre, Inc.