What's new

MeshCAM Pro - what file format should I use to generate g-code for Snapmaker A350?

ReedMikel

I just started using MeshCAM Pro after purchasing it a year ago. Trying to figure out while file format to choose after clicking on [Show Toolpaths]->[Save Current Setup] to generate the machine g-code for my Snapmaker A350 3-in1 machine. Below is a screenshot of the list of file types...

Also, is there an Alibre forum here for discussions involving MeshCAM? I did purchase it thru Alibre...
TIA - MikeMeshCAM file types.jpg

Cator

support@grzsoftware.com

Hello Mike,
I hope to give you some tips.
Not having an ad hoc postprocessor, I would directly contact the software developer who I imagine will be able to help you by integrating it. If you want you can also pass him this link which takes you to Github where the postprocessors for vetric and fusion are present.
Being your first steps, I would try this type of route first! Let me know what you get,
Regards,
Francesco

ReedMikel

support@grzsoftware.com

Hello Mike,
Not having an ad hoc postprocessor, I would directly contact the software developer who I imagine will be able to help you by integrating it. If you want you can also pass him this link which takes you to Github where the postprocessors for vetric and fusion are present.
Being your first steps, I would try this type of route first! Let me know what you get,
Regards,
Francesco
Thanks! Being a total MCP newbie, this post processor stuff is over my head :). I‘m guessing that MCP allows you to tack on some sort of third party processing code? I did send an email to MC’s support, so hopefully they have instructions for newbies using a Snapmaker…

Oh, I do see your github link, I’ll check that out - thanks!

Last edited:

ReedMikel

support@grzsoftware.com

Hello Mike,
Regards,
Francesco
Just looked at that GitHub link, but I don’t see any mention of MeshCAM

ReedMikel

support@grzsoftware.com

Hello Mike,
Regards,
Francesco
I have had success today with MeshCAM generated g-code running on my Snapmaker. I changed the MeshCAM file type from MACH3 to TURBOCNC V3 and so far my machine is milling my design as expected…