What's new

Mid Plane Reference Plane

DBC

Is it not possible to create a mid plane reference plane in Alibre Expert 2018? I.E. Select two facets and select reference plane to create mid plane, as in the SW example.

Sorry for all the newbie questions, but I coming up with quite a list of things that I could easily do in in SW that don't seem possible in Alibre. I know they are different programs, but one gets used to how things are in programs they have used for years. I am trying to adapt to Alibre as I suspect my SW seat will evaporate sometime in the near future.

Attachments

• Screen-0002.jpg
    Screen-0002.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 14

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
No you can't. I miss it too and have submitted an enhancement request for it some time ago.
BUT, you can use the Equation Editor to link a plane position to half the part length/depth.
If you need the starting sketch plane in the center of the part try using the Mid Plane Type in Extrude.

Is it not possible to create a mid plane reference plane in Alibre Expert 2018? I.E. Select two facets and select reference plane to create mid plane, as in the SW example.
Why not evaluate the Equation Editor values for the "Length" where you want the "Mid-Plane"/"Mid-Line?" It is likely to be a value in the form "Dxx." You can then create a Reference Plane that is offset from the "end" by (+/-)Dxx/2." Creating a Reference Line between that Mid-Plane and the surface in question is then trivial, right?