What's new

Missing surfaces - they just disappear...

aptivaboy

Hi all,

Okay, so I'm having a problem. I can deal with Alibre running slowly on my Ryzen 2700X BEAST (32 GB RAM, Zotac 2080, yeah life is good!). However, now whenever I perform certain actions like filleting or in this case, a revolve, faces and surfaces just disappear. When I export the file to an STL and view that file the missing surfaces do show up so they're still there, just not showing up on-screen. Any help? The 2080 is set as the default graphics card. You can see from the attached screenshots what happens when you move down the Design Explorer.

I'm also using:
Alibre Design™ Professional
Version: 2018.2 64-bit [Build 19071]

Thanks for any help. Its just really getting annoying.

Bob

Attachments

• Screenshot (502).png
    Screenshot (502).png
    513.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot (503).png
    Screenshot (503).png
    479.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot (504).png
    Screenshot (504).png
    507 KB · Views: 26

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Try adjusting this setting. I think some people have had that solve similar problems.

Attachments

• Facet Res.png
    Facet Res.png
    45 KB · Views: 18

aptivaboy

Thanks. Trying it, but so far no go. I'll keep fiddling with it, maybe close out and restart the program again.

Bob

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
As Nate mentioned, applying a different facet resolution often fixes this - though in some cases the fix only lasts until the next session.

There seem to be some cases where this is caused by very specific geometry and some limitations in ACIS kernel.

Most of these problems should be fixed by the new rendering pipeline that will come with v2019.

Make sure to try obvious things like update graphics drivers.

If issue remains, you could send file to support for testing in a pre-release build of 2019.

aptivaboy

Thanks for all of the suggestions. The graphics driver is up to date; Nvidia updated it last night. I've also played with the settings again and no joy.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Hi all,

Okay, so I'm having a problem. I can deal with Alibre running slowly on my Ryzen 2700X BEAST (32 GB RAM, Zotac 2080, yeah life is good!). However, now whenever I perform certain actions like filleting or in this case, a revolve, faces and surfaces just disappear. When I export the file to an STL and view that file the missing surfaces do show up so they're still there, just not showing up on-screen. Any help? The 2080 is set as the default graphics card. You can see from the attached screenshots what happens when you move down the Design Explorer.

I'm also using:
Alibre Design™ Professional
Version: 2018.2 64-bit [Build 19071]

Thanks for any help. Its just really getting annoying.

Bob
Long-standing issue with Alibre. The next release is said to address this.

Drutort

Thanks for all of the suggestions. The graphics driver is up to date; Nvidia updated it last night. I've also played with the settings again and no joy.

https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/i...ing-surfaces-esp-when-applying-fillets.20876/

try this one, when going and manually making the fillets. First get the constraint tangent set, and then dimension the angle, once you get that, you can delete the tangent constraint on one end of the fillet and change the angle by 0.1-0.5 degrees and regen everything and see if that fixes.

Works for me but its hard to trouble shoot it and find which feature is the causing the offense that generates these missing surfaces

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so I'm having a problem.

Hi Bob,

Is it possible for you to email me this file? If there are any booleans, please File > Package > Create Package. If not, just the ad_prt is fine.

max @ alibre.com

aptivaboy

Sorry for not replying sooner. I just checked back into the forum. Thank you for the offer, yes I"ll send it.

Bob