What's new

Model text in Alibre Atom

Neil_King

I may have missed it when looking through the help files, and my forum searches have not returned any results.
I am a relatively new user coming from F360 and FreeCad, is there anyway to model text in Atom, ie extrude/cut on an object?
An example is this object that I intend to 3d print with various tolerances (0.025, 0.05 and 0.1) for the threads, ideally i would like the tolerance as indented in the surface.

Attachments

• BSW_Nut.jpg
    BSW_Nut.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 12

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
This video was prepared for Alibre Design, but the basic principle applies to Atom3D

It is a rather old video, so shows toolbars rather than the ribbon - don't let that distract too much from the Sketch Text tool.

DJA

I may have missed it when looking through the help files, and my forum searches have not returned any results.
I am a relatively new user coming from F360 and FreeCad, is there anyway to model text in Atom, ie extrude/cut on an object?
An example is this object that I intend to 3d print with various tolerances (0.025, 0.05 and 0.1) for the threads, ideally i would like the tolerance as indented in the surface.

Atom3D: In sketch mode, you can add text, and extrude..
upload_2020-12-29_11-39-16.png