What's new

modelpress publisher and configurations issue?

jbeard

modelpress publisher and configurations issue?

Just tried exporting an assembly that had two subassemblies in it. The subs had two configurations. Each sub was showing a different config in alibre, and that was working without issue.

Upon export to modelpress, when opened in the reader, both subassemblies are shown in the same configuration.

Anyone else noticed this issue? I haven't had a chance to try it on another computer or assembly yet.

Thanks.

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

Jamie,

I just tried it on a simple assy (the one I sent you tonight -- bracket assy). I made another config of it by supressing the PEM nuts.

When I published config 1, I got config 1. When I published config 2, I got config 2.

So, it worked fine. (for that assy).

jbeard

Just noticed in the list of fixes for the upcoming service pack "31275: ModelPress viewer does not honor configuration information"

Cool. They read my mind. :D

mkent

I'm confused on this ModelPress and configurations. I just published a valve that had two assembly configurations; open and closed. In ModelPress I only get the one config that was highlighted when published. I have done the SP1 upgrades. I expected both configs to be listed on the left column as they are in Alibre but they are not. Has anyone got multiple configurations to show up in ModelPress so you can just jump from one to the other?

mkent

I re-read my question; a little long winded but fairly clear, so I guess the lack of responce means having both configs show in ModelPress is wishfull thinking?

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

It sounds like an enhancement request (Alibre would need to work that out with the maker of ModelPress).

How would you put this to use? Can you give an example.

mkent

My example was a valve with two assembly configs; open and closed. I made the body transparant so you could see the mechanism work. In Alibre you would just select the config from the feature list on the left. ModelPress has a similar list but both configs don't show up there. I use ModelPress for customer communications and it would be nice to have this ability. I just thought that was what was ment when Alibre said that ModelPress recognized configs. Guess not! :roll:

Cameraman

Funny how different people see things differently . . . it never occurred to me that the configs would follow into MP (because MP is a 3rd party add-on) . . . I was just tickled to death to have the configs!

Regards,
Greg :D