What's new

modelpressreader, installation V9

cdub

modelpressreader, installation V9

Hi all,

Trying to install the latest version of Modelpressreader. I downloaded the reader file fromt the alibre site, and I try to run it, but I get an error message.

Setup has experienced and error.

Please do the following:
-Close any running programs
-empty your temporary folder
-check your internet connection

Then try again.

I've done all the above, and still no dice.

Anyone else having this problem?

I like to have reader on my machine so I can look a file over in the manner it will be reviewed before sending it to someone.

Thanks,
cdub

jbeard

Yep, experienced the same error for both the reader and the publisher on my home desktop machine. It works fine on my laptop and office desktop though.

I too am interested to find a solution.

Tony_Potts

I've experienced the same thing with both Modelpressreader and Modelpresspublisher. I'm able to reinstall the older version, but then get a message that I need to upgrade. I've made sure that there are no other programs running, emptied the temp folder, checked the internet connection and re-booted numerous times, without any success. I've even gone to the home site of Modelpressreader and Modelpresspublisher and download their upgrade and try to install with no success.

I have no idea as what to do next and I'm open for suggestions.

danbrinkman89

ModelPress

I you go on to Alibre.com and look at the comparison of packages and click on modelpress, or use the address below.
(https://www.alibre.com/products/addons/modelpress.asp)

You can see on the RHS it has
"ModelPress Publisher download coming soon: current Alibre Design Professional users will be notified when the custom add-on is available for download. "

Hopefully should answer some questions.

Tony_Potts

Re: ModelPress

danbrinkman89 said:
I you go on to Alibre.com and look at the comparison of packages and click on modelpress, or use the address below.
(https://www.alibre.com/products/addons/modelpress.asp)

You can see on the RHS it has
"ModelPress Publisher download coming soon: current Alibre Design Professional users will be notified when the custom add-on is available for download. "

Hopefully should answer some questions.

I read what you're talking about. I guess one needs to read all the fine print. Thanks for pointing the way.

Hello
I found a tip about "error -6001" from installshield.
Delete folder "C:\\Program Files\\Common
Files\\InstallShield\\Professional\\RunTime\\0701\\" and restart setup. If it doesn't work, Delete "C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\InstallShield" and

restart setup.

best regards
stephane

(SAME POST FOR FRANCE/FRENCH)

Bonjour
J'ai trouvé uns proposition de solution pour le message "error code -6001"
donné par installshield lors de l'installation de modelpressreader. Il faut supprimer le dossier "C:\\program files\\fichiers
communs\\installshield\\Professional\\RunTime\\0701\\" puis relancer
l'installation.
Si cela ne suffit pas, supprimer le dossier "C:\\program files\\fichiers
communs\\installshield" puis relancer l'installation de modelpressreader

Salutations

Stéphane CROCHON
USICAD - Service Technique