What's new

Modifying the Array Function(s)

wsimonton

Is there away to modify the array function(s) to obtain non-linear Arrays and/or Circular Arrays which align with curves? I would like to be able to insert the Rivets into the attached assembly with an adjustable formula.

The specification for the rivets is 2 1/16" on center on the 30" diameter cylinder (or as close as can be obtained but no more, i.e. in this case 47 for the top row and 48 for the bottom row).

The collar has two rows on 2 15/16" centers spaced 2 1/8" apart with the first row 1 9/16" from the outside edge of the collar.

This a one time thing and am willing to place the rivets one at a time if absolutely necessary but I would also like to learn if any experts out there have a workable approach which permits one to tweak the formula(s) to obtain the correct results (by trial and error?)Steam Dome.jpg

Attachments

• Steam Dome Assembly.AD_PKG
    1 MB · Views: 4

wsimonton

I inadvertently sent the the old Collar. Attached is the correct Collar part developed from Sheet Metal

Attachments

• Steam Dome Collar from Sheet Metal.AD_PRT
    703.5 KB · Views: 2

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't looked at the specific example, but remember that you only need to place rivets in one quadrant, then you can use probably mirror or pattern to fill in the others (depends on the exact detail).

wsimonton

I thought I would create the base in Sheet Metal with Holes to act as guides for the individually placed rivets. However, the Steam Dome Saddle is elliptical as is shown in the attached Saddle with Holes. Notes that although the holes were/are in a circular pattern in the Sheet Metal the distance from the collar varies from 0.75" down to almost zero. Need to place the holes in the Sheet Metal in an elliptical pattern. Back to square one.

Why the Extrusion to cut the cylinder will only go part way before failing is an other issue altogether.

Attachments

• Steam Dome Collar w Holes.AD_PRT
    2.7 MB · Views: 2