What's new

Moi>Alibre>Keyshot=separate faces?

nvanlaar

Am I missing something in this month's newsletter tech tip? No matter what I try I have not been able to produce seperate faces in a *.bip file from Alibre. The only time I get seperate parts is when it is an assembly. I would love for this to work if someone can point me to the procedures.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
I have never had an Alibre newsletter. Are these newsletters and the 'tech tips' available on the main site - I had a look and couldn't find them anywhere!

k5man

The newsletter is e-mailed around the middle of each month. Not sure if International user's recieve it or not. Got mine on May 17.

nvanlaar

Why did this get moved (buried) into the MoI forum!? It's actually about the newsletter and Alibre's ability/lack thereof to export seperate faces to a *.bip file.

nvanlaar

I tried a second time here and got some more nonsense answers... I don't think it's currently possible, but boy would it be nice. :?

keyepitts

See my post in the thread you linked to, it worked for me. Are you following the steps that Alibre listed exactly? After seperating the surfaces in Moi, you need to export as a .stp, then when you import this into Alibre, it will come in as an assembly, which you can then export as a .bip. This will allow you to color the seperate faces in Keyshot.