What's new

Mouse pointer is too precise

MainJet

In the latest update, the mouse pointer in a sketch needs to be right on the line and often when clicking the mouse, the mouse/pointer moves a bit and misses the line/poit etc
This is sooooooooo annoying and actually makes Alibre a pain in the b...
My co-workers laughs at me when I have loud outbursts of F... and it costs me 50c in the swearing jar every-time
I'm going broke.........

I cannot find anywhere to adjust this from within Alibre.
My mouse sensitivity is correct for everything else I do, so I don't really want to adjust this

Any suggestions ?

/k

JST

Alibre Super User
Isn't there a setting for the size of spot it selects?

That may be only for the size of nodes. And you are happy with everything else...... I have seen the same issue from time to tome.

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
Agreed. The small selectivity causes me to waste time. I can always zoom in if I need to be really selective about which line is to be selected.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Isn't there a setting for the size of spot it selects?
Don't think so, but from a customisation point of view, the ability to set this would solve many issues. I'm guessing the higher resolution your monitor is, the smaller the selection area becomes at the moment. My dad used to have a slight hand tremor in his later years and found this to be almost a game stopper for him with his CAD work!

Last edited:

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I'd have to agree that having a user selectable selection area would be nice, similar to AutoCAD's adjustable grips.
Some info I found on a Windows programming site indicated that the native "pick point" of the cursor is only 1 pixel. So when you opt for a higher resolution screen that pixel gets physically smaller, so you do need to be more accurate with your selections. I find it difficult some times to select items and points on my 24" Dell running at 1920 x 1200. I don't know how you guys with the 4k high resolution monitors manage to get anything done. Must be real tough selecting anything. Personally, I wouldn't use a 4k monitor for anything but watching movies and videos, but that's what I have my big screen TV for.

JST

Alibre Super User
Don't think so, but from a customisation point of view, the ability to set this would solve many issues. I'm guessing the higher resolution your monitor is, the smaller the selection area becomes at the moment. My dad used to have a slight hand tremor in his later years and found this to be almost a game stopper for him with his CAD work!

The selection as mentioned, seems to be only for the "target size", the node size, exact reverse of selector spot size.

Changing the global "selection circle" would help many things. But it could be a pain as well. A case of "choose size wisely".

RobinS

Is there any update on this? I find the to be a very annoying problem. It makes doing a set of drawings like twice as frustrating.

cadtec

Hello, try this: Click in the Home Window -> Utilities -> Systemoptions -> Display -> Use Legacy Display...
Does that improve the situation?

Ydl

This issue ruined me on my 15 inch MBP Retina.

Kinda sucked because it (legacy) looked amazing on the retina screen but just wasn't practical precisely for this reason.

RobinS

Yes this solved my issue! Thank you very much. Now it's quite a bit easier to click on lines in the drawings. Amazing.

Hello, try this: Click in the Home Window -> Utilities -> Systemoptions -> Display -> Use Legacy Display...
Does that improve the situation?

simonb65

Alibre Super User
This is the solution to way too many problems.
+1, Especially when someone has renewed lapsed maintence just to get the new promised 2019 graphics features and their now effectively running back in 2018 mode! #JustSayin

Ydl

+1, Especially when someone has renewed lapsed maintence just to get the new promised 2019 graphics features and their now effectively running back in 2018 mode! #JustSayin
I was just notified of a lapsed license waiver sale. Still feel like I'm better off waiting a year or two until the new graphics pipeline has matured.

BenzB

Same issue here. The fatter, fuzzier elements are harder to pick. I agree, it's frustrating. Hopefully the service pack will address some of these issues.