What's new

Mouse Suggestion for AD?

ppuletti

I switched to a Logitech Marble Mouse because mu arm was tiring using a traditional mouse. The track ball helps. However, there seems to be a quality and/or design problem with it. After 3-4 months the left click button started malfunctioning. They replaced it in November under warranty and this new mouse is showing the same problems.

Does anyone out there have a suggestion for a good mouse for AD?

GaretDH

Logitech M705 is a decent generic mouse with enough buttons, but it's a regular mouse. I've used the M750 trackball briefly with no complaints.

I lust after the 3Dconnexion SpacePilot for my left hand, but alas, no treasure for it.

denisgb2

I use a simple mouse that came with the Dell computer. Two buttons, center scroll wheel with third button and that is it. I also have a space pilot at its default settings. Space pilot has extra keys that I do not use...the escape key would be handy on the space pilot, but I have never figured out how to get it working with Alibre, so I cannot advise on those. Using both the space pilot and mouse at the same time is effective and helpful with some large assemblies.

I have, for the laptop, the earlier Space ball and a basic wireless mouse and it works just fine. Having both type mice is my preferred work method; forget the touchpad, at least for me.

The earlier versions of used 3D Connexion, Spaceball, can be had for little money on auction sites, typically $25, and even the fancier SpacePilot is reasonable.

ppuletti

I like the track ball style because it is much easier on my wrist and forearm. After two failures in less than a year, I'm leaning toward a track ball style that is not Logitech. Replacing the mouse every 3-4 months is a PITA.

I use a logitech for most applications but if your going to be doing cad cam or cae definately get a 3d connextion space pilot it is well worth the investment, especially if you customize the buttons for each application.

cherkey

I've had my Microsoft Trackball Explorer for years, never an issue. Don't know if they make this anymore though?

joshua.white

I liked my Logitech Performance Mouse MX so much, I have two of them (one for work, one for home). I have fairly big hands, so it works well for me, but friends with smaller hands have told me they felt it was too big for them. Also, if you're left handed, it won't work well for you at all, since it's contoured specifically for a right hand. I'm not sure if they make a left handed version. $99 might seem expensive, but when you use it for 8-16 hours per day, it costs pennies per hour. The one I have at home was from my former job, and is still working well after two solid years of use.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/p ... e-mouse-mx