What's new

Mouse wheel rotation system variable?

NEDS

Can I get the mouse to "zoom in" (the screen view) when I rotate the wheel (top) towards me &, "zoom out" when I rotate the wheel away from me?

If so, how do I change the sytems settings?

Regards

"The New Comer."

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4311&start=24

Code:
#IfWinActive ahk_class WFC.Window.8 ; Alibre Design Windows Only
WheelUp::WheelDown ; Reverse direction of Scroll Wheel only in Alibre Design
WheelDown::WheelUp
#IfWinActive ; puts subequent remapping and hotkeys in effect for all windows

Is the one I got from Nate.
You need AutoHotKey installed. :D

NEDS

Thanks I'll Try AutoHotKey tonight.

wathavy4 said:
http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4311&start=24

Code:
#IfWinActive ahk_class WFC.Window.8 ; Alibre Design Windows Only
WheelUp::WheelDown ; Reverse direction of Scroll Wheel only in Alibre Design
WheelDown::WheelUp
#IfWinActive ; puts subequent remapping and hotkeys in effect for all windows

Is the one I got from Nate.
You need AutoHotKey installed. :D

WoodWorks

Alibre Super User
The side effect of this change is that the scroll wheel will also reverse the scroll bar in some/most Alibre Windows.

The AutoHotKey documentation discusses how to exclude some windows from the Scroll Wheel remapping, but I have yet to get that to work properly.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I have not tried the above or below scripts but I believe they should do just that.

AutoHotkey Help File said:
The directives #IfWinActive/Exist can be used to make a hotkey perform a different action (or none at all) depending on the type of window that is active or exists. For example:
Code:
#IfWinActive, ahk_class Notepad
^a::MsgBox You pressed Ctrl-A while Notepad is active. Pressing Ctrl-A in any other window will pass the Ctrl-A keystroke to that window.
#c::MsgBox You pressed Win-C while Notepad is active.
#IfWinActive
#c::MsgBox You pressed Win-C while any window except Notepad is active.

rallyant

Are you serious? there's no option in the program to reverse the mouse scroll direction ?
I just downloaded the trial to evaluate whether or not our company will cross over to this software from Solidworks, im sick of paying a huge price for the program and the on top of that having to pay for support when in fact all where actually doing 99% of the time is finding bugs for them.(they should pay us)
Im keen to support Alibre with there decision to drop there price, I have only just started looking at But if theres no option to reverse the mouse we will not even consider it any further unfortunately, Everyone in the office has been scrolling the other way for years.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
It was rather simple now that I have more experience AHKing in Alibre.
Instead of checking for the windows I am just checking for the control.
The WFC.Window.401 control is the main view and the 402, 403, and 404 are the ones when the view is split.
Here is the code for those of you into that.
Code:
WheelUp::
  MouseGetPos, , , id, control
  If (control == "WFC.Window.401") or (control == "WFC.Window.402") or (control == "WFC.Window.403") or (control == "WFC.Window.404")
  {
    Send {WheelDown} ; Reverse direction of Scroll Wheel only in Alibre Design
  }
  Else
  {
    Send {WheelUp}
  }
Return
WheelDown::
  If (control == "WFC.Window.401") or (control == "WFC.Window.402") or (control == "WFC.Window.403") or (control == "WFC.Window.404")
  {
    Send {WheelUp} ; Reverse direction of Scroll Wheel only in Alibre Design
  }
  Else
  {
    Send {WheelDown}
  }
Return

Let me know if you run into any problems with it.

Here is a free no-install compiled version with a taskbar icon to let you know its on.

Attachments

• Mouse Scroll Reverse.zip
    193.9 KB · Views: 431

mikeschn

That is so sweet. Now the mouse wheel behaves predictably.
econ_applause.gif

Mike...

Why are people complaining, I auto-keyed the mouse wheel do zoom in and out when I hold down control and scroll. Not difficult at all. I think haters come on here to complain based on words and not experience. As for the mouse functionality and the work I am doing with Alibre, this is kind of interesting. Because I am running a small business out of my home and I run Alibre in tandem with some business continuity planning software so that everything runs as smoothly as possible. I tried to sell these kinds of computing skills to an IT staffing place, and got some really good feedback. Being able to use the scroll wheel allows me to alternate between the two programs and increase my business efficiency. It is crazy how a small issue like this can make such a difference for my small business.

Hop

buildingblock said:
Why are people complaining, I auto-keyed the mouse wheel do zoom in and out when I hold down control and scroll. Not difficult at all. I think haters come on here to complain based on words and not experience.

There is a lot of that in any public forum, but very little of it here... fortunately.

My "solution" to this mouse wheel scrolling direction problem would have been pretty simple: turn the mouse around and reverse the left-right button functionality, which most mouse drivers do easily. I tried this and it... sucks! You need to add some palm support to what was originally the front of the mouse, and you still have the existing palm support now out front like the bow of a some sort of ship. Plus the cord gets in the way if you don't have a wireless mouse. I think Nate has nailed the perfect solution. And already compiled too! Thanks, Nate. 8)

Hop

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Attached are basic instructions for updating my mouse wheel reverse script to new versions of Geomagic Design.

Attachments

• Updating script for new version.png
    Updating script for new version.png
    303.3 KB · Views: 33

rockfusion

Middle Mouse Spin/Rotate

If you're used to Solidworks or ProE/Creo, then use this attached script to spin/rotate the model with Middle Click. Here's the code if the attached script doesn't work for some reason.

Code:
MButton::

If (control == "WindowsForms10.Window.28.app.0.2982bee_r13_ad11")

{
    Click down
    Click down right
       }

Return

MButton up::

If (control == "WindowsForms10.Window.28.app.0.2982bee_r13_ad11")

{
    Click up
    Click up right
       }

Return

Attachments

• Rotate.zip
    467 bytes · Views: 3