What's new

Moving sketch figure?

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Sometimes this works fine, and sometimes it doesn't. I pasted this sketch figure from another part file, and now want to move to move it so that it is centered on the origin. I have deleted all visible constraint symbols but still get this error when i try to move it.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    176.5 KB · Views: 13

simonb65

Alibre Super User
You'll find its still auto constrained to the origin at the top left corner and to the horizontal and vertical axis!

Ken226

Alibre Super User
You'll find its still auto constrained to the origin at the top left corner and to the horizontal and vertical axis!

Yes, that's what i thought was going on but i cant seem to find or delete that constraint. There are easy workarounds, but if there's a way to delete that hidden constraint so that i can move the figure, id like to find it.

Last edited:

simonb65

Alibre Super User
If you are just using the ribbon, then you need to go into the system options and enable the menu bar! Not sure why there are so many features in the menus that haven't been added to the ribbons.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Simple option - check 'copy' - you'll then get a copy at the new location (and can delete the original).

jfleming

Alibre Super User
I'd love to see the ability to list each sketch constraint, even these Auto-Implied ones. If you snap something to the origin, there is no way to go back in and delete that constraint.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Another thing is to use Paste Stamper when copying sketch figures. That way you have more control over the placement as it is attached to the mouse pointer and is viewable before placing it.

Hold down Ctrl whilst dragging will remove the co-incident constraint.
That seems to work on one line figure in a sketch I always seem to end up with one figure that stays locked to the origin and have to delete and recreate it.. :confused: