What's new

Multiple rads

kev h

Hi

When 2d sketching is there a way to add radii to more than just one position for example all 4 corners of a square in one hit? as the dialogue box seem to let you enter more than 2 entities but only puts one rad in.

Cheers Kev 8)

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Not that I've found.

Do remember though that you can often leave the rad until you have generated the 3D feature, then apply a fillet which can be applied to multiple edges. This approach generally makes editing easier as the sketch is simpler.

memiles

Agree with DavidJ.

This is the process I use and lately it has made things much easier and quicker as well.

Mike

kev h

Hi Guys

Thanks for replies

Sounds good to me :D ( still in 2D mode :roll: ) is there any disadvantages to using 3d model rads instead of 2d sketch rads?

Cheers Kev 8)

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
There may be a circumstance when using the 2D rad has an advantage, I certainly can't think of it at the moment though...

Generally keeping each design element simple and separate makes later changes much easier.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Sometimes the fillet feature fails or works unexpectedly. This can sometimes be avoided with a sketch fillet.
Personally I use both about equally. On thin parts I find it faster to do the radius in the sketch instead of hunting down four short lines in 3d.