What's new

Need 2 Acme T10-2 nuts [ FOUND ]

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I have been all over the web looking for an end nut (shown in the attached screen) that screws onto an Acme T10-2 lead screw. I can find them but there are not in metric sizes. These in inches has me very confused and do not know what size that fits my needs.

Can someone help me in finding this nut?

Attachments

• Lead Screw End Nut.jpg
    Lead Screw End Nut.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
I can find them but there are not in metric sizes. These in inches has me very confused and do not know what size that fits my needs.

I think the term "Acme" specifically refers to an SAE/inch thread standard. In metric they're called trapezoidal threads (and the thread form is slightly different because of course it would be), even though I know a lot of people will still call it an "Acme" or "metric Acme".

I looked on McMaster-Carr (who categorize trapezoidal threads as "metric lead screws and nuts" FYI) and the smallest trapezoidal hex nut they offer is an M12x3. If Fastenal offers trapezoidal nuts on their site, I don't know how to search for them.

Dunno what else to tell you, unfortunately.

EDIT: McMaster does have an M10x2 square nut made from 360 brass, not sure if that will work for your application though: https://www.mcmaster.com/94353A311/

Last edited:

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
That looks like what I am looking for.

Here is a screenshot of the project I am working. The Red boxes are where I need the nuts. This will be a 3D print unit with the lead screw used to reinforce the PLA body.

Attachments

• Lead Screw Detail.jpg
    Lead Screw Detail.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 15
Not a expert at such things but believe you will have a hard time finding a 10mm hex shaped nut with a 2 mm lead. It would seem having such a item would be confused easily to standard hardware pitch. If it is truly a acme lead screw you have and need hex shaped then might have modify something like this:
Of course might be one out there somewhere but not seeing one searching the ole' interweb. Hope above helps.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Thanks for all info you all have suggested.

I finally found a 1/2-10 Acme Threaded Rod Lead Screw that is the length I need. So my search is over. This lead screw meets my needs in all asspects.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Other than having a correct model/part, are you purchasing these items for an actual RW build?