What's new

Need a little help...

rmcard

I have a detail that I have to create a cut profile to the shape basically of a fancy 90 degree pipe fitting it's clamping against. I figure I can either create a 3d spline that follows the centerline of the fitting whereby I could then create a sweep profile that follows that spline or possibly use the fitting as a cutting tool if I can somehow incorporate the fitting into my part, albeit I still would have to still locate the fittings centerline into my part for dimensioning purposes.

I know enough to be dangerous with Alibre but I need some direction, or be directed as to where I can learn the skills to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Ftg01 Fixture.AD_ASM
    266.5 KB · Views: 6

rmcard

I probably have to upload a package rather than the above assembly that is linked to several locations in my file system but I get the error message that the package I've created is too large. It shows to be just over 6MB.

RM -- You need to attach a Package (it will have the extension AD_Pkg) rather than merely the Assembly (AD_Asm) to have anybody actually look at your design file. I am located on the west coast of the United States (GMT-7) and would be happy to do a GoToMeeting with you tomorrow if you e-mail me (tangent@olympus.net) to go over your tooling options. [I've been doing tool design for more than 50 years now.] I usually start pretendin I am awake and reasonably caffeinated about 9 AM (1400 GMT) or so.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
You can make each part smaller by winding the dogbone back to the top of each part, saving it like that then packaging the assembly or do you have dropbox or something like it that you can drop the package file in and post a link to?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Am I the only one who never saw the "Remove Model Pieces" feature before? Was this added along with the surfacing tools? - I just got them in the recent Alibre changeover.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I use the direct editing tools all the time. Removing lumps is great when creating complex mould cavities.