What's new

Need Help With A Drawing

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Howdy ever one.

I will admit I am newbie to doing drawings of parts.

How I do a detail view? The holes in the red box need to be spec out. When I did it became a real mess. How do I label these holes? Also, how label these need to tap with M6 threads?

How can I reduce the text size?

Dart Project Back Plate.jpg

Attachments

• Dart Project 4 Base Plate.AD_DRW
    293.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Dart Project 4 Base Plate.AD_PRT
    859.5 KB · Views: 1

JST

Alibre Super User
You really needed to spec the holes as tapped holes in the model, then the callout would be automatic, both dimensions and quantity

You would pull out a detail for the drawing, which could be like this:

dart dwg.jpg

Last edited:

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Thanks, DavidJ for the video.

Is there a video on how to label those holes are to tap to M6 threats?

Last edited:

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
Or you can right-click on one of the holes themselves and there should be an option to "Insert Hole Callout" for just that hole or group of holes

JST

Alibre Super User
Wow, that was easy. Thanks to every one for the great help. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sort-of.

The "hole" has to be specified with the thread in the model. The holes you have in the model are not, and right clicking does not give the option of a hole callout.

If you use the hole tool and do NOT put in a thread, you get the hole size as a callout as below (I added two holes, one with threads)

If you use the hole tool and DO put in a thread, you get the thread callout as below

If you do not use the hole tool, instead just drawing a circle and punching it through, you do not get the option, and must manually dimension it. It appears that is what you did.

Dart Project 4 Base Plate.jpg

Last edited:

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I have updated the part holes to holes with thread info. I have included the updated part.

I really like how the hole call outs work. Just select a single hole of a multi-hole and the call out knows how many bolts there and label aporpetly. That reaslly makes my job a lot easer.:cool:

Now I have another mystery. When I tried to do a hole call out in the Crank Shaft DWG nothing happen. Yes the part the holes are speced for M10 bolts. So what am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Dart Project 4 Base Plate.AD_PRT
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • Dart Project 4 Base Plate.AD_DRW
    515.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 2020-02-18_10-44_Dart Project 4 Cank Shaft.jpg
    2020-02-18_10-44_Dart Project 4 Cank Shaft.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 2020-02-18_10-48_Dart Project 4 Cank Shaft.jpg
    2020-02-18_10-48_Dart Project 4 Cank Shaft.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Dart Project 4 Cank Shaft.AD_PRT
    474 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Yes, you are correct dmckee10 As you can see in the attached screenshot by adding the third view the hole call out worked. ;)

Dart Project 4 Crank Shaft DWG.jpg