What's new

Need Help With a Script

DBC

It will open in MakerBot, but none of the small holes show.

I am attempting to open the stl file in a couple other programs to take a look, but it is taking a good stretch of time to open. I'll post if I have anything new to offer.

Someone suggested making this object at the reduced scale before stl exporting it. I think that would be worth trying. Maybe the small holes don't scale well, if at all.

Attachments

• Screen-0016.jpg
    Screen-0016.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 2

idslk

Alibre Super User
The *.STL-File produced with AlibreDesign is round about 64MB !! "great" and opens good in an other CAD-Program.
If the "CURA"-STL file is about 1.5GB !! (this is round 24 times of size) there might be something wrong...

DBC

The *.STL-File produced with AlibreDesign is round about 64MB !! "great" and opens good in an other CAD-Program.
If the "CURA"-STL file is about 1.5GB !! (this is round 24 times of size) there might be something wrong...

I wonder if he meant just under a half a GB as it is 439MB

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello DBC,

i haven't downloaded the file (to big anyway...) so the size comes from the indication of RocketNut.
May you try to use the package from post #18 and produce the file by yourself and do your test with a file which is made new by you.

Regards
Stefan

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
OK

Here is support's answer after the forward Cura support respons::::

=============
=============

Thank you for all of the files and information. I was able to determine what was wrong with the original STL file that you submitted, after I was able to look at the model's assembly.
You had parts TurboRockEngine and Injectors Hidden, but not Suppressed. Since they were just hidden, they did not render on screen, but their geometries were included in the STL export. Thus, I instead suppressed the two parts. Then exporting to STL from the Assembly gave the desired output. (Screen shot below of Cura from the output of this. I was not able to attach the STL to this email as it is too large to send)
mail

mail

Regards,
Brian
  • or
Alibre Freshdesk Support
support@alibre.freshdesk.com

=================
=================

Suppressing the two functions instead of just hiding them did the trick. It now slice's up properly and everything is correct and properly.

Last edited:

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello RocketNut,

perfect!
Sorry that i've typed hide and not suppress.
Here at my side i had suppressed the parts und due to this i can't follow...
I want to mention what i had said before
The checkmark in Insert results into current assembly creates a file with the source parts and the result part, If unchecked you will get only the result part in a seperate file. (which should be the prefered use).
Now i'm absolutly curious to see the printed part:)

Regards
Stefan

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Cool and thank you:)

According to the slicer, it will take almost 3 days to print!!!!! An only taking 76.87m/22g of filament. Which means a very little amount of the filament will be need ;)

It also means I can make over 10 of these disk from a single standard Kg reel of filament.

Last edited:

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I got most the fuel dome done, Here is a pic that shows the diffuser disk and how important it is.

TurboRocket Round Injectors.jpg

I do not know why the bottom disk did not do sectional view.

Last edited:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Try editing the section view and selecting all the parts again. If any parts are added after a section view is created then they don't section.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Try editing the section view and selecting all the parts again. If any parts are added after a section view is created then they don't section.

Yes, you're very correct. The blue disk is apart of a sub-assembly that includes the green and orange disk. It still did not section when editing the sub-assembly. It's not a problem just wish to see the interface between them that's all.

Also I wanted to show what the duffuser disk (the orange disk) fits in the assembly.

I wish to thank again idsik and all users for the great help.

THANKS

Last edited:

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
FYI:

I turn the piece that did not section view properly. to support. They found a boo boo in one of the boolean tools was causing the problem. I correct the tool per there instructions and now it sections views properly as you can see by the attached screenshot :D

Section View Properly.jpg

Last edited: