What's new

Need Help with Coaxial Constraints

mcdesign334

Hi guys,

I'm new to alibre. Is there a reason why I am unable to have to have multiple coaxial constraints. I want to constrain the center hole of the flange bearing with the block hole and the little holes for the fastener to prevent rotation. I keep getting overconstrained errors whenever I try to constrain any other way. I have tried axis and plane constraints as well off the reference geometry.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-21 160432.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-21 160432.png
    418.4 KB · Views: 24

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
If you want to constrain the block hole and a fastener hole with coaxial constraint on each hole they need to be exactly the same distance apart in each component.
However, you can apply a limit to one of the constraints, likely the fastener hole constraint, and that may give you acceptable results.

coax wLimits.jpg

Just adding my 2 cents guess/comment. If you downloaded the bearing block, and looks like you may have gotten if from grainger, the file may not be exactly the same dimensions as the holes in your plate. I'm guessing it's probably off by a minute amount. Also, possibly different modeling units, metric vs inch could be causing it to be off as well. Again, just guessing.