What's new

Need Help With Mirroring

Brandon

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently trying to make a Boeing 737, and I just finished the fuselage. I want to mirror it to see how it looks so far, but I can't seem to do that. When I use the mirroring feature, I select the all the parts I want to mirror and I get the preview, however I don't get the actual mirror.

1689031820462.png1689031872107.png

Below, I have attached a file of what I have done so far. Feel free to diagnose the problem if you are able to.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• boeing_737.AD_PRT
    1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Right click on the red mirror feature and select status, that will tell you what the error is. I suspect (without being able to check out your model at the moment) that it's overlapping or intersecting figures, which mean that some part of the half model is crossing over the mirror plane.

EDIT : Just looked at your model and it may be that there is a problem mirroring lofts that use faces! I suspect that it's because the face referenced by the loft doesn't exist when mirrored! It may be a bug, it may be an intended limitation, but maybe you could either change the lofts to use 2 sketches (fuselage frames) and a guide curve (fuselage longerons). It is possibly one that Alibre support/dev might want to comment on. @DavidJ @Max

Last edited:

Brandon

Right click on the red mirror feature and select status, that will tell you what the error is. I suspect (without being able to check out your model at the moment) that it's overlapping or intersecting figures, which mean that some part of the half model is crossing over the mirror plane.

EDIT : Just looked at your model and it may be that there is a problem mirroring lofts that use faces! I suspect that it's because the face referenced by the loft doesn't exist when mirrored! It may be a bug, it may be an intended limitation, but maybe you could either change the lofts to use 2 sketches (fuselage frames) and a guide curve (fuselage longerons). It is possibly one that Alibre support/dev might want to comment on. @DavidJ @Max
Yup! You're completely right. I deleted all the previous lofts and created new sketch faces using Project to Sketch. Now it works. Thanks for the help!

1689039067211.png