What's new

Need Help With Set Screw Dim

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
:)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°):)

I am working on a simple design that needs 2 set screws. My customer wants 13mm holes for these set screws. I am wondering what standardized off the shelve metric size would be the closest to this 13mm requirement? I will also need to know what the size of the trap hole diam is.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I am working on a simple design that needs 2 set screws. My customer wants 13mm holes for these set screws. I am wondering what standardized off the shelve metric size would be the closest to this 13mm requirement? I will also need to know what the size of the trap hole diam is.
What (Maj Dia) size is the Set Screw? For the most part the shortest Set Screw is the Major Diameter in length. Then the progression of lengths go (depending on Maj Dia size) by mm to 10 mm, by 2 mm to 20, and by 5mm to ???, and by 10mm for longer. [Remembering something that qualifies as "historic."] -- Lew

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello RocketNut,
for me here in Germany the english "setscrew" can have different meanings...
Here are only two types for example...:
DIN EN ISO 4026 upload_2020-1-11_22-31-24.png

DIN 610 upload_2020-1-11_22-32-16.png

which one do you want?
The first one has clearance hole diameter of 13mm (see table from GeorgD) at M12.
The second one has a shaft of 13mm diameter with a fit "k6" and a M12 thread.
Regards
Stefan

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Thanks, guys for the great info.

idslk:
They want DIN EN ISO 4026 type of set screw.

Lew:
I do not understand what are talking about. Except for the length of the screw is 20mm.

Here is screenshot of the screw holes:

Dart-Cuff_Mount ScrewHolesDetail Vert.jpg

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Hello RocketNut,
Here are only two types for example...:
DIN EN ISO 4026 View attachment 29400

DIN 610 View attachment 29402

which one do you want?
The first one has clearance hole diameter of 13mm (see table from GeorgD) at M12.
The second one has a shaft of 13mm diameter with a fit "k6" and a M12 thread.
Regards
Stefan
Stefan, das erste Foto zeigt eine Madenschraube (grub screw), das zweite eine passchraube (fit bolt).

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Sebastian,
if you use a dictionary you will get a translation for set screw which says Madenschraube as well as Paßschraube, Stellschraube too, Anschlagschraube and and and...
If RocketNut has used the nameing "grub screw", it would have been definitly a Madenschraube for me...(where the correct naming regarding the DIN would be Gewindestift mit Innensechskant);)

btw.
das erste Foto
they are both rendered alibre parts...;)

Regards
Stefan

Hello RocketNut,
Hi Stefan -- Here in the US, a Setscrew is waht you show as a "DIN EN ISO 4026" and what you show as a "DIN 610" is known as a Shoulder Screw." [Just to aid in "translation.] -- Lew

Reactions: JST

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Eddy So:
Where is the edit function shown in your attachments? I really like how it edit screw holes.

Lew:
That's what I call them also set screws.