What's new

new drawing default model

mr.ska

new drawing default model

I'm finding it rather annoying that when I have an assembly open in one window, one of its components in another, and I go to make a drawing of the component, Alibre assumes that I want to make an assembly drawing. I have to wait for it to process the assembly before I can pick the component I actually want in the drawing. My suggestion - the default model for a drawing is the model in whose window the "new drawing" icon was selected from. If it was selected in the home window, default to no model.

Additionally, I have had instances where I pick a model, am unhappy with the views I've selected, and deleted all the views. When I go to place new views, I am asked to chose which model I want - again. Less views are in the drawing, the model selected to be drawn doesn't appear to be "sticky". Alibre forgets. Again, this would be nice to change as well.

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Please let me second that one !

Having the assembly open during drafting is pretty common becuase you need to be checking details about your parts as you do their shop drawings, but then, every time you make a new drawing, it tries to default to the assembly, which is usually very time consuming to say the least...

Gaspar