What's new

New error message - can't open file.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Well, this is a new one..
I can't open an assembly. There are five component parts all of which open just fine.
I get this error message and M-Files leaves the assembly 'checked out'
Never seen this before.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    179.4 KB · Views: 35

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff,

The file might be fixable - since you have M-Files, is there an earlier version that you can try rolling back to?

But before that, open each part in turn, click in workspace, press F5, Save & close. Having done that try the assembly again.

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Jeff,

The file might be fixable - since you have M-Files, is there an earlier version that you can try rolling back to?

But before that, open each part in turn, click in workspace, press F5, Save & close. Having done that try the assembly again.

Hi David - tried opening all the constituent parts, F5 then saving. That didn't work, but I was able to roll back and open that.
Saved and opened again just fine.
BTW - any idea what the 'LightPart' refers to in the error message?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Broadly it's the information that Alibre uses to first show the part on screen, without having to regenerate the part from the Design Explorer 'recipe'. I don't know any more detail than that.

JamesMC

I have just had this error message pop up on an assembly as well.
Does anyone have a clever trick to open the assembly?
All of the parts check out individually, and I've even tried renaming the assembly specific parts and replacing them on open, no dice, still pops up the error.

might have to rebuild the assembly dagnabbit!
James -- I am in the Pacific Time Zone (GMT-7). I have a GoToMeeting account that we could use to look at things together. If this "sounds like a plan" to you e-mail me (tangent@olympus.net) with a date & time (be certain to identify your Time Zone) for such a get together. I may (or may not) be able to help. -- Lew

JamesMC

I meant the advice to open each part in turn, activate workspace, regenerate, save.
Ahh, yes tried that, didn't work.

James -- I am in the Pacific Time Zone (GMT-7). I have a GoToMeeting account that we could use to look at things together. If this "sounds like a plan" to you e-mail me (tangent@olympus.net) with a date & time (be certain to identify your Time Zone) for such a get together. I may (or may not) be able to help. -- Lew
Thanks for the offer Lew, I just rebuilt it, it wasn't a huge assembly and it the only drawing affected was the concept one to show the client, who had approved it anyway!