What's new

New release?

ecoology

New release?

I've had AD for 6 months now, and so far no new releases. I was told when I bought it there would be "at least" 2 new releases per year.
Anyone know about the next release after V8.0?

thanks,

swertel

Alibre Super User

Unlike other CAD packages that release on a schedule, bugs and all, Alibre releases when the product is ready. They have a goal, but sometimes the date slips.

V8.2 is due out end of May, beginning of June.

V9.0 is tentatively scheduled for November 2005.

siggy

I think the service pack that was released last December is commonly referred to as 8.1 (at least in this forum), although the software doesn't officially identify itself as 8.1 after you apply the service pack.

Robert

Cameraman

Re:

swertel said:
Unlike other CAD packages that release on a schedule, bugs and all, Alibre releases when the product is ready. They have a goal, but sometimes the date slips.

V8.2 is due out end of May, beginning of June.

V9.0 is tentatively scheduled for November 2005.

I hate to sound like a cynic, but I will be shocked if it is available before June 1 (the deadline for locking in the lower maintenance fees) . . .

Regards,
Greg :D

Mibe

Alibre Super User
Re:

Cameraman said:
I hate to sound like a cynic, but I will be shocked if it is available before June 1 (the deadline for locking in the lower maintenance fees) . . .

Regards,
Greg :D

Not sure about what you mean, no one stops you ordering annual maintenance today and get the current price...

BTW, the schedule is to release before 1'st of June and 8.2 is well worth the wait :)

MilesH

Alibre Super User

I never received the email about the maintenance increase. Did it only go out to those whose renewal is imminent? Mine's not due for renewal till April 2006.

Miles

jwknecht

Alibre Super User
Re:

MilesH said:
I never received the email about the maintenance increase. Did it only go out to those whose renewal is imminent? Mine's not due for renewal till April 2006.

Miles

Miles,

Mine is not due until the end of April of 2006, but I did receive the email. Do you have Pro or Expert? Pro and Expert are the only packages that are affected by the increase.

MilesH

Alibre Super User

Thanks for the information, John.
I have Pro plus Industrial render.

I'll contact my account manager about it.

Miles

kdevoe

June 1st deadline

Cameraman stated that the deadline for the increase in the maintenance fee was June 1st. My email from Matt Milliken dated April 26 states that the deadline is July 1st. Does anyone have anymore info on the actual date?

Kevin