What's new

NEW TO ATOM3D, NEED TO MOVE A CIRCLE

Randy_m

So I'm doing my relatively first drawing. basically I created a 2x2x2 cube, I chose one side and I want to put a .375 hole in the center of the square. After I draw my circle, how can I grab it and move it around. In my other cad programs I can just high lite it and use the arrow keys to move it in small increments. I have been at this for two hours and I can't find my solution. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

me-cheng

It appears to be a bug - happened to me the other day. Close out and re-load your drawing. Upper left corner of the view should have the arrows you can move.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
So I'm doing my relatively first drawing. basically I created a 2x2x2 cube, I chose one side and I want to put a .375 hole in the center of the square. After I draw my circle, how can I grab it and move it around. In my other cad programs I can just high lite it and use the arrow keys to move it in small increments. I have been at this for two hours and I can't find my solution. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Are you working on a drawing, as in 2D or in a Part modeling workspace as in 3d? IF it is 3D then it is not a drawing it is a sketch from which a feature is derived from. In your case it will become a hole. There are dimensions and constraints to position the sketch. In this case I would sketch a Reference line diagonally across the face of the cube. Then place a coincident constraint between the end points of the line and one edge of the cube. When you do that Alibre will create a reference line that has end points that you can constrain the end of the diagonal line to. Do this to both ends of the diagonal line then place a Midpoint constraint between the center point of the circle and the diagonal line. Then perform your Extrude Cut to create the hole.

There are several video tutorials that will help get you started. One of them highlights the correct terminology for the Alibre interface and workspaces. You can find them on the Alibre Home page under Help and Learning. And using the correct terms will help others help you since we won't have to guess at what you're trying to do.

Randy_m

Are you working on a drawing, as in 2D or in a Part modeling workspace as in 3d? IF it is 3D then it is not a drawing it is a sketch from which a feature is derived from. In your case it will become a hole. There are dimensions and constraints to position the sketch. In this case I would sketch a Reference line diagonally across the face of the cube. Then place a coincident constraint between the end points of the line and one edge of the cube. When you do that Alibre will create a reference line that has end points that you can constrain the end of the diagonal line to. Do this to both ends of the diagonal line then place a Midpoint constraint between the center point of the circle and the diagonal line. Then perform your Extrude Cut to create the hole.

There are several video tutorials that will help get you started. One of them highlights the correct terminology for the Alibre interface and workspaces. You can find them on the Alibre Home page under Help and Learning. And using the correct terms will help others help you since we won't have to guess at what you're trying to do.
Thank you. I will do the help and learning.