What's new

Newbie Frustration with alibre

ecoology

Newbie Frustration with alibre

1) I've been "playing" with Alibre for about a week. so far, I have found the constraint system to be extremely cranky, especially when more than a few parts are involved. Any comments, thoughts, help would be greatly appreciated. I get "sick" constraints, even if the part is free to move in the direction I want to constrain. I get parts at 90 degrees from what it should be with an align constraint, and that one does not show as "sick." Many hours spent trying to understand what works, and what doesn't work.

2) Is there a way to move the "light source", rather than rotate the drawing?

3) Measurement tool - It gives distance, total distance, length, total length, delta X, etc. But no where do I see an explanation of the difference between distance and length. Length of what?

4) Do a search in help. I get everything except what I'm looking for. A search engine that gives everything. Not very selective.

5) Once I select a part to move/rotate, I find it difficult to unselect it. It just doesn't want to let go. Why?

I've got the training CDs, manual etc, but little help. The index on the manual doesn't have even basic subjects. That index could be 20 pages long, if done right.

jemmej

I'll second that the search function in help is virtually useless. I use the index feature.

Feel free to continue posting questions of course, but it often takes 2 weeks or more to get up to speed on new software, even more if the modelling process is new as well. Keep on at it. You'll be working well soon.

Jim