What's new

Nice example of 3D PDF usage

scarr

:shock: Out of all the websites, in all the world (to paraphrase Humphrey), someone picked this one to display at the bottom of every users screen!!!
I don't usually get too worked up about things like this, but Makezine??? Is this a paid advertisement running on Expert? I thought the Xpress users got these but not those of us who pay for the application. I'm a bit miffed. Link me to a site that I can really use, like a parts library that you don't have to be a riddle expert to use. :evil:

MilesH

Alibre Super User

:shock: I usually run Alibre offline...

I happened to see the link on the Alibre website.

2 mins waiting to connect later... I see what you mean - I'm inclined to agree with you... At least it's not animated :)

gregmilliken

Hey Guys,

Your comments are noted, and I will talk to the team about it.

The MAKE thing really is just more of a fun thing, we're not trying to advertise anything. It is not paid, and they were not involved in the decision to display it. We've had lots of people from that community express interest in our product. Our association with them has been only positive, and this is the first negative sentiment I have heard. If you want to send me more thoughts on them please send me a PM or an email.

The point about displaying things at all to users is a resonable one, but sometimes we hope we can use this mechanism to convey useful and valuable information, granted though that this was more for fun. It sounds like certain things will be better received than others.

-Greg

warburton1

I noticed the Makezine article on the main window and was a bit perplexed at first. I have to agree with Scarr, it seemed rather annoying to get "advertisements". That said, I did click on the article and actual enjoyed reading it and delving into the design.

I think that it is very useful to increase real world exposure (where proprietary agreements aren't in place) of Alibre designs at work (or play :D ). Maybe instead of a splash on the main window a link should have been added to the community page?

gregmilliken

HI Gary,

Good suggestion about adding it to the community page.

It was reallt PR rather than an ad. but either way, as you probably have already noted it is no longer being displayed.

Thanks,
Greg