What's new

No PDF writer was found!

hradford5

I updated to the service pack 2 last night. Now I get this error when I try to publish to PDF. I have Cute PDF Writer installed, it shows as the selection in mt System options and have been using it for years.
I need to have this drawing done, for a customer, today. This customer always wants a pdf as well as a dxf.
Anyone know how to fix this?

Idahoan

I have the same problem, I only had one sheet to do so I used the one in the software.
3 different PDF writers installed and show in the system options dialog, when you try to use them it says no PDF writer was detected?

Dave

hradford5

Yeah, I went ahead and used the one in the software as well, but something seems off about this. A bug in the service pack?

Idahoan

You can use print instead of publish and that works, at least it does on my system. Interesting thing though, with the 3 party PDF writers my ISO shaded models look like crap and they didn't use to. They look ok using the built in PDF writer.

Dave

hradford5

Interesting thing though, with the 3 party PDF writers my ISO shaded models look like crap and they didn't use to. They look ok using the built in PDF writer.

Dave
Yes, I noticed that too. The built in writer does a great job. Until today, I was unaware there was a built in one! I believe that when I originally got Alibre, you were required to install a 3rd party PDF writer, if you wanted to use the format.

Idahoan

Yes
3 different PDF writers installed (and show in the system options dialog), when you try to use them it says no PDF writer was detected?

hradford5

Exactly my experience Idahoan, except that I only had 2 3rd party writers installed.
Odd that anson does not have the Use Built-in PDF writer checkbox.
PDF writer.PNG

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
he appears to be using an outdated build ( according to his signature), the 'use built in' check box is new with build 20072.