What's new

No Quick Constraints in Atom 3D - Fixed

wphred

Admin Edit - "Quick Constraint" is a concept from older versions of the software. The functionality of the old Quick Constraint tool has been brought into the unified assembly constraint tool that is in the software today, so all levels of AD / Atom have that functionality. There is no longer a separate "Quick Constraint" tool anymore.

I purchased Atom 3D about a week ago and noticed something when I went to make my first assembly. There is no Quick Constraint in the Constraint menu area, just Anchor and Constraint. I've looked at several videos and went through the Alibre Atom 3D Exercise Manual. In everything I've looked at, a Quick Constraint option has been available. Is there a way to turn this on?

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Quick constraints were removed from all levels of the software at the last overhaul of constraints - so no, you can't turn it on.

The idea is that the new constraint dialogue has the best bits from both the previous dialogues.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I (and I assume many others) didn't use the drag and drop constraints feature much. They worked ok if you had a few simple parts with simple constraints but beyond that it was difficult to achieve fully constrained assemblies. That was really all that was lost, but the dialog got much better when combined.

wphred

I purchased Atom 3D about a week ago and noticed something when I went to make my first assembly. There is no Quick Constraint in the Constraint menu area, just Anchor and Constraint. I've looked at several videos and went through the Alibre Atom 3D Exercise Manual. In everything I've looked at, a Quick Constraint option has been available. Is there a way to turn this on?
Thank you for the quick replies. I used the constraint dialog with no issues and was able to constrain my assembly as desired. I like Atom 3D more than Sketchup.