What's new

No sheet metal in Alibre 7.0

holzherr

No sheet metal in Alibre 7.0

I just installed Alibre Design Professional 7.0, only to find that there's no sheet metal workspace. What gives?

swertel

Alibre Super User

What package of Alibre did you get? Sheet metal is with the Professional and Expert packages only.

holzherr

From "about Alibre Design":

Alibre Design™ Professional 7.0
Alibre Design Version:[ PRODUCTVERSION 7,0,0,6139 ]
ACISUtils.dll[Version:7.0.0.6140]
DXUtils.dll[Version:7.0.0.6105]
DCMUtils.dll[Version:7.0.0.6022]
DWGUtils.dll[Version:6.0.0.6014]
ROSEUtils.dll[Version:6.0.0.6023]

Funny thing, the tutorials DO cover the sheet metal workspace, and my download DOES comprise sheet metal related files, but this particular option is missing under file/new.

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

If you purchased Alibre Design with Sheet metal as part of the package, Alibre will not take it away. When you purchased Alibre Design, did your package include Sheet Metal? Did it include the Repository? If so, you will not lose those packages upon upgrading, because you will have been "grandfathered" in. If you have actually lost a package that you previously held, I would recommend that you contact Alibre.

holzherr

Thank you for replying. There is no repository available. This is not an upgrade... I bought the software advertized as Alibre Design Professional 7.0. from http://www.warezstore.com/ I assume the program was altered in some way, and have requested a refund.

Mibe

Alibre Super User
Re:

holzherr said:
Thank you for replying. There is no repository available. This is not an upgrade... I bought the software advertized as Alibre Design Professional 7.0. from http://www.warezstore.com/ I assume the program was altered in some way, and have requested a refund.

darn... You actually bought pirated software and is surprised that it's not complete?

Refund? In your dreams I guess... Please buy Alibre from a reseller in your area!

---- Some info about this really professional "reseller" ----

domain: WAREZSTORE.COM
owner-address: Ivanuchka Durachek
owner-address: Vossestraat 162
owner-address: 3090
owner-address: Overijse
owner-address: Belgium
admin-c: ID100-GANDI
tech-c: ID100-GANDI
bill-c: ID100-GANDI
nserver: ns7.gandi.net 217.70.177.44
nserver: custom2.gandi.net 217.70.179.35
reg_created: 2002-04-18 00:02:10
expires: 2007-04-18 00:02:10
created: 2002-04-18 06:02:12
changed: 2004-02-18 07:12:27

person: Ivanuchka Durachek
nic-hdl: ID100-GANDI
address: Vossestraat 162
address: 3090
address: Overijse
address: Belgium
phone: +32.5963844
fax: +32.5963844
e-mail: wtd@mail.ru
lastupdated: 2004-07-01 07:26:44

holzherr

Now, to conclude the story.... I turned the program into a trial version by mistake. Lost a little money, gained a little wisdom... :roll:

A

Anonymous

That's Ballsy!!!! Who in right mind would knowingly purchase pirated software and then post to the developer's site knowing that the developer monitors the site. Wow!!!!!!

Gaspar

Alibre Super User
Re:

lenitech said:
That's Ballsy!!!! Who in right mind would knowingly purchase pirated software and then post to the developer's site knowing that the developer monitors the site. Wow!!!!!!

Which means he is an honest person who unknowingly bought pirated stuff. :D

I get a couple emails a month advertising all sorts of low price software coming out of East Europe, which is of course pirated but would you beleive they forget to mention that in their site...

swertel

Alibre Super User

I know pirated software is very bad :evil: , but Alibre has to be kind of flattered. Between the RaceCad incident :( and Alibre showing up on the warez boards 8) , it seems to me that Alibre is well known enough and popular enough that people are willing to do anything to get it. :twisted:

ALIBRE HAS ARRIVED :!:

But don't these people know how inexpensive it already is? I mean, come on, really?!?!

rbrian

Warez - Alibre - Gotcha (No Sheet Metal)!

So Holzherr, is this the line you found it on the warez site?

30$ buy Alibre Design Professional 7.0 (1 cd) ?

And - if so - did you not know it is free to try - and currently has a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee!?

Well in any case - it is definietly a gotcha - for $30!!

So - combine the low price - with often Terms of Payment available by asking - and not having to duck the law - going straight is the winner! See the purchase info here: https://www.alibre.com/register/purchase.aspx

Even the Evaluators Kit - gives you a fully documented manual Plus the CD, and access to doing some time in a team session getting you up to speed, for just a few $ more than the $30 they charge!! (Believe me - that part alone is what sold me!) Robert

holzherr

Thank you people for posting. I DID download the Alibre 8 trial version before buying what was advertized as Alibre Design Professional 7.0. My trial version hasn't expired yet, but I bought because I was so convinced of the program. Going straight --- of course, but what if the only alternative to buying the $30 item is NOT buying the real thing (for lack of money)? I don't use the software professionally, I just enjoy designing mechanical things for a hobby. Because I wouldn't have bought the real thing anyway..... no harm done to Alibre, only praise to spread around. Can anybody relate to that?

Hans