What's new

not snapping to origin etc

drbris

I have installed the latest release and for some reason, while sketching- the cursor no longer snaps to origin nor endpoints anymore the cursor symbol used to change to a point when close to a point ? The on edge or on midpoint symbols come on but not the point or origin?

oldfox

Alibre Super User
So, it isn't just me. I have also noticed that. The cursor would turn into "crosshairs" when it was on the point, intersection, origin, midpoint. Now the point and origin just change color under the cursor. Ya gotta look good to see it.

Seb, I was having some other problems with Alibre going "dumb" when I was trying to use Wizoscript. Because of that, I have uninstalled, cleaned registry, downloaded Alibre 2017.1 and Wizoscript too. The "dumb" seems to be gone now, but the cursor
thing is still there. Since I can still use it I didn't bother to report it. Oh, btw, it never did "snap" just change to a gunsight.

> drbris, why don't you open a ticket in the "bug" report system. Or you can email it.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
This has been reported already. The change is believed to be an inadvertent result of the fix for another graphics problem - it clearly wasn't picked up during testing. A fix has been prepared and should rollout with v2017.1.1

Reactions: MKR

drbris

I changed to darker background colors and went to the largest node size . I can now see the node change color if I really work at it, but no snapping to a node nor the cursor changing to an asteric .(sometimes it does change depending on which sketch tool i am using). Hoping the next release is soon I am wondering if worth going back to 2017. It is really difficult to size an ellipse due to the cursor not locking on to the nodes (the text boxes letting one type in the size of the major and minor radii when making an ellipse, similar to the center box or line tool, or circle tool would be really really really great with ellipse too)

bigseb

Alibre Super User
As much possible I like to draw my sketch 'somewhere in the general area' and then use constraints and/or dimensions to properly position it. This harks back to my Catia days where every single entity had to be constrained. Good practice as opposed to using snaps. I know its not the point of the thread, just thought I'd mention it.