What's new

Not sure what I did wrong here

DavidR8

Hi all, new user here hoping for a bit of guidance.
Last night I designed the attached part for 3D printing.

My work flow was this:
Activated a sketch on the XZ plane
Drew a square
Extruded to desired thickness
Activated a sketch on one face
Drew another square
Did a cut extrude to lower that square
Activated a sketch on the opposite plane
Drew a circle in the corner of that plane
Cut extruded that to desired depth
Activated a sketch on that extruded surface
Drew another smaller circle with concentric constraint
Cut extruded that circle through all

When I look at the sketches I see that some are red but I can't figure out why or how to fully define them.

Attachments

• z_bed_top_corner.AD_PRT
    304 KB · Views: 3

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
If you RMB click on any item in the Design Explorer and select Status from the pop up menu it will tell you what the issue is, whether there are no errors or the reason for failure if any.
Sketch <6> for Extrusion <3> is a single reference geometry line. You need to redefine that sketch.

1676521906587.png

Sketch <7> for Extrusion <4> needs a couple of dimensions to control its location.
I've added them in this image and the sketch becomes fully defined, as noted by its color and the status bar read out at the bottom of the window.
1676521953145.png

DavidR8

Oh that's super helpful on the circle error.
I'll have a look at the other sketch tomorrow and see if I can't figure out what I did wrong.

jcdammeyer

Off list David also asked me about the red lines. I find they show up on pretty well all my drawings. For example this one is perfectly formed and you see the triangle used to helical cut the threads. Is there a way to switch these lines off so they don't show? I went looking but nothing jumped out at me.
1676572748715.png

jfleming

Alibre Super User
Off list David also asked me about the red lines. I find they show up on pretty well all my drawings. For example this one is perfectly formed and you see the triangle used to helical cut the threads. Is there a way to switch these lines off so they don't show? I went looking but nothing jumped out at me.

Attachments

• Annotation 2023-02-16 135927.png
    Annotation 2023-02-16 135927.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 32

jcdammeyer

Funny. I had tried that and it didn't work. I tried the various sub menu options. Finally just clicked on the menu entry and suddenly it worked. Don't ever remember turning it on so it must have come as on by default in one of the upgrades.

Thank you.