What's new

OBJ Export ?

Alexander

Hey Guys

I have just purchased the MOI add-on for my 2011 Expert license and thought I could export from Alibre as a OBJ file but I don't have this option, is this correct? Also I assumed that MOI could be activated from witin Alibre, it doesn't even appear on my add-ons list. I am just being fussy here?

Off topic, when I upgraded to 2011 64bit and was informed that Motion & CAM were not finished as 64 bit, does anyone now when they will be ready.
As mentioned I have an Expert license c/w maintenance and the only add-ons on my list are Translate, Trace Parts and Keyshot 1.9. :(

Feedback appreciated

Alexander.

Forgot to ask, does anyone know how to license MOI? I downloaded it from Alibre and have my License code ready but I can't find an option to activate. Do I just wait for the 30 days to run and then activate?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I have just purchased the MOI add-on for my 2011 Expert license and thought I could export from Alibre as a OBJ file but I don't have this option, is this correct?

In Alibre, Export as SAT file. Open MoI, import the SAT file. In MoI, export the OBJ. You can pick your tesselation etc and get the result you want with a slide bar and real time updates in MoI before the OBJ export.

Also I assumed that MOI could be activated from witin Alibre, it doesn't even appear on my add-ons list.
MoI is a separate program. The interface between them is using 3DM files, SAT, or STEP.

Off topic, when I upgraded to 2011 64bit and was informed that Motion & CAM were not finished as 64 bit, does anyone now when they will be ready.
Hopefully CAM will be ready very early January. Motion is a little more up in the air but we are working hard on it. CAM is just a port to 64 bit of CAM 2.0. Motion on the other hand is a port to 64 bit and a substantial feature increase, so it's taking a bit longer.

Forgot to ask, does anyone know how to license MOI?
Please request a key from Support

Ralf

Alibre Super User
I would like to add:

There are two different MoI3D inst. files:
1. moi_v2_trial_setup.exe
2. moi_v2_setup

Only the purchased version "moi_v2_setup"can be activated with the license key.

Alexander

Many thanks for the speedy response Max

Ralf, were can I find the setup install file?
Thanks

Alexander

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Alexander,

The "moi_v2_setup" download link will be sent after purchase from your "Moi3D Reseller".